Here are some preparations you can make prior to contacting an agent. You can also contact us at any time and we can guide you through the entire process as well.
When talking with a real estate agent, you will often find that
when they talk to you about buying real estate, they will refer to your
purchase as a "home." Yet if you are selling property, they will often refer
to it as a "house." There is a reason for this. Buying real estate is often
an emotional decision, but when selling real estate you need to remove
emotion from the equation.
You need to think of your house as a
marketable commodity. Property! Real estate! Your goal is to get others to
see it as their potential home, not yours. If you do not consciously make
this decision, you can inadvertently create a situation where it takes
longer to sell your property.
The first step in getting your home
ready to sell is to "de-personalize" it.
Below are a few other small
tips to get yourself ready to sell your property.
Selling a Home Tips
- REMOVE clutter from your house (get rid of stuff that collects on shelves,
counter tops, cabinets, closets, garages, etc.)
- Realize your kitchen is where
the homebuyers start and it should be made as clean and free from clutter as
- Don't do any extensive remodeling but fix up your house and
know that your prospective buyers will fiddle with every knob and lever on their way through. Our agents will be happy to make
suggestions as well.
- Get Pre-Approved for a Home Loan. Before you sell your home be sure you are qualified to buy another.
- Find out what your home is worth. Click here to contact us for a free estimate.
- Get your House Ready to Show. Our agents can help with making the best first
impression on your prospects.
- Mentally prepare to show your home to prospective buyers. The more open you are to buyers the better your house may sell.
- Contact us for more help and personal recommendations.
- Click here to view our services.